Film / TV
- The trouble with trans-fats - BBC Radio 4's The Food Programme investigates the issue of trans-fats in our food. "A key part of the government's public health policies are the Responsibility Deals - voluntary agreements with the food industry on the ‘healthiness' of their products. Partners include a wide range of big companies, including KFC, Pepsi, Coca Cola, Pret A Manger and McDonalds. One of their aims is to get rid of trans fatty acids in their foods by the end of the year. But is that decision sufficient to get rid of a substance that, according to Professor Simon Capewell, kills 35 people in the UK every two days?" First broadcast on 11 July 2011.
- Hydrogenated oils / trans fats - will Alfie the cat eat them? - the Alfie Elmlea Challenge! Alfie the cat checks out Elmlea double cream substitute. This has "33% less fat", but contains hydrogenated oils. Will Alfie notice the difference between Elmlea and real cream? Will she eat Elmlea? Or will she know it contains harmful ingredients and give it a wide berth? Hosted on youtube, posted by nondietweightloss, 10 February 2010.
- Ingreedients - the movie, the website. Ingreedients is a 2009 film by Florida, USA based Sir Rebel Films. Hard hitting and uncompromising, it lifts the lid on the continuing trans fat scandal.
- Trailer 2 for Ingreedients - the movie. Hosted on youtube.
- Trailer 1 for Ingreedients - the movie (hosted on youtube).
- The Dangers of Trans Fats, (partially) Hydrogenated Oils, Trans Fatty Acids - a compendium of TV / video clips on trans fats, hosted by youtube. about 10 minutes long. Posted by HealthRanger7, 7 May 2008.
- Ban trans fats! They are deadly! - "Don't eat trans fats or hydrogenated oils!", argues BanTransFat in this youtube video, posted 17 October 2007. Mainly text based, 1.5 minutes.
- How Trans Fats Became Our Enemy - What are they and what do they do? ... A well-researched and informative short TV documentary from the Health Politics series in the US. A useful primer in fat chemistry. Posted on youtube by healthpolitics, 12 January 2007. Approx 9 minutes.
This website is automatically published and maintained using 2tix.net.